Through Kent Cricket there are four levels of Pitch Report available to affiliated cricket clubs. These range from informal, through to a Full Performance Quality Standards (PQS) Assessment, which is a report template put forward by the England and Wales Cricket Board. A Full PQS Report is required by all teams entering the Premier Division of the Kent Cricket League, but can be requested by any club at any time.
- Level 1 Report - This will involve a site visit to establish the issues and to explore ways forward. It will result in an onsite verbal report (so clubs should be prepared to make their own notes).
- Level 2 Report - This will involve a site visit to establish the issues, discussion with ground staff and ground managers on problems, a verbal report giving initial conclusions, followed up by a bullet point (note form) written report. If necessary, core samples for analysis will be taken and processed.
- Level 3 Report - This will be a full Performance Quality Standard report. It will involve a site visit, soil analysis a full scientific inspection and analysis of playing surfaces, machinery, groundcare procedures and practices (incl Health and Safety Aspects). It will result in a full written report by the KPA with supporting analysis, including Laboratory Report and any pertinent recommendations.
- Level 4 Report - This will be a follow up report on a PQS report. Usually approximately 2 years after the initial PQS and is designed to gauge progress on issues raised at the original PQS and to offer further advice on arising issues.
The Level 1 and 2 Reports can be carried out by any of our ECB Pitch Advisors or Pitch Support Network, whereas the Leve 3 and 4 Reports can only be completed by an accredited ECB Pitch Advisor.
How to arrange a report
- Call 01227 473618
- Email James Moss
- Level 1, Mileage Only
- Level 2, £40 plus Mileage
- Level 3, £300, plus Soil Analysis Charge, plus mileage
- Level 4, £150, plus mileage
** Soil Analysis costs fluctuate as they are carried out by independant laboratories. In November 2017 this cost £70 incl VAT
** VAT will be levied at the appropriate rate to 'vatable' items
• Soil classification
• Soil pH
• Nutrient content
Knowledge of these factors, along with advise from our team of advisors should enable you to make informed and effecient decisions, leading to better wickets.
Soil analysis is a compulsory part of the Level 3, Full PQS Report but can be added to any of the other reports if requested.